In accordance with article 13 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter referred to as GDPR, we inform that:
I. PERSONAL DATA CONTROLLER
NAME: National Marine Fisheries Research Institute
ADDRESS: ul. Kołłątaja 1
POSTAL CODE: 81-332
PHONE: 58 735 62 32
1. In connection with recording the course of the Conference in photographs or video materials, your image may be used through publication on the Internet, including the NMFRI Facebook profile, the mir.gdynia.pl website and publication in the press and promotional and information materials.
2. In matters related to the processing of personal data, in particular regarding the implementation of the controller's obligations and the exercise of the rights of personal data subjects, it is necessary to contact the Personal Data Controller by sending correspondence to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or by paper to the above-mentioned registered office address.
3. The Data Controller has appointed a Data Protection Supervisor - Michał Filipowski, who can be contacted by directing correspondence to the Controller's registered office address or to the e-mail address: email@example.com.
II. PURPOSES AND LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
1. Personal data will be processed on the basis of the consent (Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR) referred to above, for the purposes of your registration and participation in the Conference and the implementation of information and promotional activities in the public space following the event.
III. DATA PROCESSED
1. Personal data in the form of: name, surname, e-mail address, telephone number, title, professional/scientific degree, VAT number, institution, address, image, bank account number.
IV. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
1. Personal data will be processed manually, by authorised persons and by automated means using IT systems designed for this purpose.
2. The processing of personal data by means of IT systems will not be used for the purpose of automated decision-making in individual cases.
3. Automated processing of personal data will not involve profiling, i.e. an action which involves the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal factors, in particular to analyse or forecast aspects relating to work performance, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour.
V. PERIOD FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
1. Data processed on the basis of consent will be processed until the purpose for which it was collected is completed or until consent is withdrawn.
2. After the expiry of the processing period, the data will be irreversibly deleted or anonymised.
VI. SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA AND RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA
1. Recipients of personal data are all conference participants and suppliers responsible for the operation of IT systems used to provide services, visitors to the mir.gdynia.pl website, the FACEBOOK profile of the data controller, people who have seen the photos in the press or promotional materials, and entities related by entrustment contracts with the Administrator in the scope of achieving the purpose.
VII. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO A THIRD COUNTRY OR INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATION
1. Personal data will not be transferred to a third country or international organisation.
VIII. RIGHTS OF THE PERSONAL DATA HOLDER
1. You have the right to:
a. the right to access your data and to receive a copy of it;
b. the right to rectification (amendment) of your personal data;
c. the right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
d. the right to delete your personal data;
e. the right to portability of your personal data as far as automated processing is concerned;
f. the right to withdraw consent at any time (withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal; the right to withdraw consent does not entail any adverse consequences for you);
g. the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (to the address of the Office for Personal Data Protection, ul. Stawki 2, 00-193 Warsaw).
IX. INFORMATION ON DATA REQUIREMENTS
1. Your consent is entirely voluntary;
2. The right to withdraw consent related to the use of your image, entails the impossibility of its further processing by the administrator from the date of submission of the withdrawal and removal of the image from the website or the FACEBOOK profile; however, in some cases, it will not be possible to remove your image from all the places where the image has been published, e.g. from the press or the computers of the users
who downloaded the image. This is due to the restrictions of the administrator with regard to the image already published.
X. RECORDING OF THE CONFERENCE
1. Participation in the conference signifies consent for the free, repeated use of one's image (dissemination of photographs taken during the conference and audio-visual materials) without the necessity of their approval each time. The consent covers the use, recording, processing, duplication and dissemination of the photographs and video materials taken, through any medium (in particular: on the Internet, including the Organiser's FB profile, the Organiser's website, in the press) for the purpose of posting reports on the above-mentioned conference, promotional and informational materials. This consent is granted for an indefinite period of time and is not limited territorially.
2. In addition, by participating in the conference, one agrees to the processing of the participant's personal data provided during the registration process and of the participant's image by the Organiser to the extent specified in point 1 in connection with the event.
3. The active participant declares that their work in the form of an oral presentation or scientific poster and the work to be published after the conference in the book of abstracts does not infringe on the copyright or related rights of others.
4. The active participant declares that they grant the Organiser a free, non-exclusive, unlimited in time and territory licence to use the copyright in the works prepared by them, including the written abstract for the speech and the speech itself, which includes the following fields of exploitation:
a. public presentation of works made by an Active Participant,
b. recording and copying by any technique (in any system, format and on any medium), including digitally, without quantitative limitations,
c. dissemination free of charge to the public by means of printed material, electronic media, posting on websites and transmission for promotional and information purposes,
d. disseminating the sound recording and the video recording of the performance in a form other than that specified above (including public display, screening) for informational, promotional or other purposes related to the Organiser's activity, as well as making the sound recording and the video recording of the performance available to the public on the Organiser's website in such a way that everyone can access it at a time and place indicated by them
e. input to computer memory, to a computer and/or multimedia network, to databases,
f. sharing to the public in such a way that everyone can have access to the works and the objects of related rights in a place and at a time chosen by them (e.g. sharing on the Internet, e.g. as part of any websites and any paid or unpaid services, the Participant consents to the creation of dependent works by the Organiser as well as to the disposal and use of dependent works. The Participant also permits the Organiser to exercise the dependent copyright.
5. The licence is granted at the time of the Active Participant's speech at the Conference